We've just released a new feature to help viewing exactly the part your project you are working on. With a query you can select a volume and only load the geometry inside it.
In the initial beta release there are three types of query:
- Intersecting space
- Intersecting storey
- Rectangle selection
Creating a query
To create a query, start in the 2D viewer:
- Right click on a space
- Select Intersecting space
This will load all geometry intersecting the axis aligned bounding box of the space.
- Right click in the viewer
- Select Intersecting storey
This will load all geometry inside the top and bottom planes of the storey.
- Click the query rectangle button.
- Click, drag and release to draw a rectangle.
- Specify the models you want to load in the query popover.
- Select current Storey or Full height.
- Select Any, External or Internal.
- Toggle all models on or off.
- Select which models to include in the query.
- Create query.
Editing a query
In the initial beta release, queries are not stored.
You can edit a query using the query tab of the model selector found in the top left corner on the 3D viewer.
- Model selector
- Query tab
- Click edit to open the query popover