Ever wanted to notify a project member about a document, some issues or other content in Bimsync, without leaving Bimsync? Or maybe users have switched off their Bimsync notifications? This new feature solves these problems. ShareLink sends an email from Bimsync to the project members you choose with a link to the content you want to share. So the user will get the message, even if they have switched off their Bimsync notifications.
To use ShareLink:
- First select the content you want to share. For example some documents.
- Click the the ShareLink button.
In the ShareLink window:
- Select the project members you want to send the message to.
- Change the title of the message to suit the reason for sharing the content
- Write you own message in the message body.
- The URL you will be sending is available here to check.
- Send the message. The message is sent from email@example.com to the recipients you chose in step 1. You get a Cc message to your own email.
The mail message will look like this:
To access the content:
- Click on this link, Bimsync will open a page with the shared items.
- Copy this URL to your browser.